I'll write the blog a bit later, but thought Wendy's family would like to see these !
Wendy has had an upset tummy for about three days, and last night I decided she really ought to hit it hard, so thanks to the medical kit HATW provides, she's taking Ciprofloxin for a day or two. She's already feeling better. (This is info for her family, so that they know she's OK !)
So as Wendy was staying and resting this morning, I walked into town by myself (and yes, I felt perfectly safe !) .... its about a mile and its possible to stay in shade most of the way. My safari boots were loosing their soles, so I went to get them repaired, and pick up a bit of shopping.
I called in at the university book shop .... so of course I bought a few books .... more to add to my collection at home about the Luo people. I'm glad there are more books appearing about local peoples and their history and language .... its so important for the future that todays' young Kenyans will be able to read about their ancestors past.
Anyway, I found one of the street shoe cleaners who could do repairs, and he did an excellent job of re-gluing my soles, and then also invisibly stitched them. He even offered to clean them ... all for just over a pound charge !
The local daily paper always has a political comment cartoon, at times quite seditious !
Father Alois and Patrick the maintenance man inspecting the water tank which holds 60,000 litres
No comments:
Post a Comment