To the workshop, where there wasn't anything for Wendy and I to do in our usual (female) capacity as carriers of bricks, bearers of water cans and mortar mixers ! The brickies have left; the carpenters are here now starting to construct the roof. It is TERRIFYING watching them walking along the top of the walls, which are one brick wide and over 20 feet above the ground. Paul has got the carpentry students to assist in the construction work. Jonathan was observing and advising.
So Wendy and I went for a wander round the neighbourhood of Nyamasaria chatting to the locals. Remember Milly, the little girl whose twin sister was run over ? Her mother, Mary, seems to have a Friday meeting at her house of local widows, a sort of support group. Its a very positive development for that family.
Its been stiflingly hot and humid today .... temperature was 31.5 C by mid afternoon, and very sticky. We had a nap !
Then I photographed a different lot of smaller ants on biscuit crumbs. I put some crumbs on a £1 coin, to show the size of the ants, but they didn't like the coin and only tackled the crumbs that had fallen off the edge.
If you look at the dots around the edge of a £1 coin, the ants are between two and three dots in length ! (I haven't got anything else to measure them with !)
No comments:
Post a Comment