Luo Laughter "I speak of Africa and golden joys"



Friday, 11 October 2013

Four days to go .....

Wendy just called round with her two big bags to weight them, as I've got one of those hefty spring balances.  She's overweight on one .... so has gone home to repack !   My two cases are black, so I must get some ribbon or something on them for easier identity at arrivals.  

I haven't weighed anything yet, but am starting to fill my two cases.   I called Jonathan to see if he has spare weight capacity; he's going to let me know.  We'll be unpacking and re-packing into his cases on the pavement in Chepstow I expect !    He warned me that any electrical things we might carry, e.g. camera, mobile phone, laptop, might have to be turned on at baggage checks to prove its a working item.   Never had that before, even when I flew El Al last year, and they are super-security conscious (thought they waved me through with a full bottle of water !)

We are going to do our check-in on Monday afternoon, online.   Not like the first time I flew, back in 1965 going to Aden !   Then, we checked in the old fashioned way, in person, an hour before the flight !

No comments:

Post a Comment