Luo Laughter "I speak of Africa and golden joys"



Monday, 14 October 2013

One day to go ......

I've taken my first anti-malaria tablet.   That means tomorrow we go !!

This is where we are heading .... the carpentry workshop in Nyamasaria, on the edge of Kisumu.   You can get some idea of the crowded nature of one of the shanty areas, although this is nothing like so crowded as some of the others.



But showing this to a friend, she commented on how green it looks.   I suppose it does; there are hedges of indigenous plants around most peoples property, and the odd bits of land not built on greens up with the rain.   It always surprises me how many people keep a cow or sheep in what is basically a city suburb, where there is actually very little for animals to graze on.   Maybe its why the cows are so scrawny.


No comments:

Post a Comment