I collected a medical kit I'm borrowing from HATW. Goodness me ! Enough stuff in it to equip a third world clinic ! At least there are some things I can weed out ... like the penicillin (I'm allergic) and the first aid handbook, and about 100 plasters and two tubes of Savlon. And as for the self-test kit for malaria ... ugh ! I don't fancy sticking needles in myself ! The senna tablets are definitey no use, with all that lovely fruit available, so they are staying here. I hope I dont need to use all the sterile syringes.
I went to town today and spent what seemed like a vast amount of money ... currency ... 36,000 Kenya shillings - sounds a lot, but its not; my malaria tabs, £50 on my phone; some treats like English (sorry, Scottish !) shortbread for Paul and Lucy, and sweeties for kids on the work site.
Packing .... well, I've done a lot of it, as I always do. Then the day before I go, or even on the morning of zero day, I unpack and repack ! Doesn't everyone ? The daughter of an old friend of mine has offered to take me to Heathrow; its really kind of her. #3 daughter has promised to collect me from Heathrow when I get back. Better remind her to take a thick coat and maybe a hot, hot water bottle when she collects me ! Last year I gave away the coat I took with me, so needed some warm clothes the moment I stepped off the bus !
No comments:
Post a Comment