So I walked into town straight after breakfast, (its about a mile) before it got too hot, to buy some boots ! My old boots .... (suede safari boots, chukka boots, 'The boots that say you know Africa') ... they have lots of names .... but the old ones I bought when I brought my two youngest here for a visit about 20 years ago ... have just about had it ! The new boots cost me K. Sh 2,600, under £18.
I went to the fabric market to see if I could find any cheesecloth to make thin shirts with, so suitable for a hot climate, but cheesecloth seems to have died with the death of the hippy era. Wonderful fabrics in the market from Nigeria and Tanzania, but no cheesecloth. I might try some of the back-street Asian or Somali owned shops next time I'm in town.
This is a new one:-
Pastor Ted offers YOU a whole twelve hours of bliss !! Hmmmm ....
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
After my shopping trip, I was walking back through town, when I was greeted with much hand-shaking and a big hug by Mary, the lady who had her house blessed. I suppose being virtually the only white lady in a busy street, I must stand out like a sore thumb, but it always startles me when I'm recognised and greeted like a long lost cousin !
I needed a drink and a sit down to break my walk, so called in at the new mall again, and had a wonderful glass of fresh chilled mango juice at the Java café. I forget what the drink of the gods is called, but that's it, in a glass ! (Ambrosia ?) Just liquidised mango, no additives.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Some people have emailed me to say they want to see where I'm staying, so this is Mill Hill House, which I'm sure I've posted a year or two ago on the blog, but then, no-one in their right senses would wade through all of it !
My room is on the first floor, in the corner behind that palm tree. The large room upstairs with the curving windows is a large 'common' room, with TV, where we gather for 'drinkies' before supper ! My room is a large bedroom, with en suite, and the balcony you can see, which looks out towards the road. I have a bed with massive mozzie net, desk, three chairs, wardrobe and another chair on the balcony. All anyone needs .... oh, and broadband and/or Wifi !!
No comments:
Post a Comment