Today we have our last general meeting at HQ ... and we have to present our 'papers' (NOT, we are told, to be long or of MA standard !) on a project we researched. I've done one on Health Care and Services in Kenya.
BUT ... I'm most excited by the fact that I have reached my target sum for fund raising ! £2250 was required ... and I still have some money promised from friends abroad and in this country, and there's the austerity lunch I'm doing on Tuesday. Any more money that comes in will be put to very good use ... more bricks, some more nails ... it all helps !
I've had money from friends all over the UK, and Australia, Canada, USA, Greece, Singapore, Japan ... friends are so supportive of what I'm doing, and I feel very strongly that their support will be with me as I work at whatever I have to do in Kenya.
I've also been donated or have found for myself ... carpentry tools (my fathers from the 1920's !); a laptop, which my son is 'cleaning up' and re-installing suitable programmes; numerous bra's of various shapes, colours and sizes ! ... childrens clothes and books, and a few other odds and ends which I can give to people in Kenya.
Its all coming together ! And less than 20 days to D-Day !
No comments:
Post a Comment