Luo Laughter "I speak of Africa and golden joys"



Tuesday, 25 January 2011

If you want to check things while I'm gone ...

This is where to find out what our weather will be like.  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/796



We heard last night that we ARE being met in Nairobi, and that we have a basic house to live in ... no electricity.   Nothing said about if it has a nearby water supply.   We'll soon find out ...

Good job I packed my two little wind-up lights.   Wind-up technology has made such a difference to the third world ... wind-up radios, lights, phone chargers ...   Our group leader is taking two solar lights and a solar shower ... should be useful !

Today I'm off to the dentist, and also to get loads of photos of my family, and also of my 'son' Josephs family, to see if its possible to trace them when I get to Kisumu. 

The anti-malarials I'm now taking don't seem to have any side effects, which is good. 

Nyasaye ber !

Oh and I'm also going to visit a young lady of 17 that an old Kenyan friend of mine, now living in Thailand, is sponsoring.   What a small world we live in !

No comments:

Post a Comment