Luo Laughter "I speak of Africa and golden joys"



Tuesday, 19 February 2019

All change in Kisumu.

I receive almost daily news from the Mill Hill organisation about its work and missions all over the world, so was delighted to see recently several articles about Kisumu, which included photos of the developments at Mill Hill House where I stayed many times.





A new name, new paint work, and the garden at the front is a little different, but I see the tree outside 'my' usual room is still flourishing, but the pots of ferns and orchids by the front door have gone.



The upstairs corridor by 'my' room has been repainted and look how shiny the floor is !  


The dining room has been altered to make a covered veranda outside the windows ... 




~   ~   ~   ~   ~ 

And Kisumu itself is changing rapidly, although the lake is still full of water hyacinth.   I see Nyalenda, the slum where the art school is situated, now has a tarmac road !! 




No comments:

Post a Comment