So I wasn't at all surprised when I heard today that African supermarkets, selling pre-packed chicken joints, neatly polythene film wrapped and labelled, 'Thighs', 'Wings' .... should also include packs labelled 'Talkie, Walkies' ..... packs of heads and legs !!
Luo Laughter "I speak of Africa and golden joys"
Wednesday, 13 September 2017
Only in Africa (4)
Eating with African friends in their homes, chicken was always a great delicacy - a treat to be shared with guests and not normal every day fare as it is in the UK. I often noticed that the whole bird (minus feathers !) was cut up and put in the stew .... so sometimes when asked to help oneself, the chickens head would glare up, covered in vegetables and gravy !
So I wasn't at all surprised when I heard today that African supermarkets, selling pre-packed chicken joints, neatly polythene film wrapped and labelled, 'Thighs', 'Wings' .... should also include packs labelled 'Talkie, Walkies' ..... packs of heads and legs !!
So I wasn't at all surprised when I heard today that African supermarkets, selling pre-packed chicken joints, neatly polythene film wrapped and labelled, 'Thighs', 'Wings' .... should also include packs labelled 'Talkie, Walkies' ..... packs of heads and legs !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment